Encouraging others to design and sew

I have never pushed my sewing habit on any family member. I started sewing and designing my own clothes when I was a teen. I was lucky enough to have sewing and tailoring classes in school so I could learn how to do many of the more complicated sewing shortcuts. My mother or sister did not sew so I was the only member of the family that did. My teenage daughter announced to me yesterday that she now wants me to teach her how to sew her own clothes because she just doesn't like the styles and designs that are now in the stores. It looks like I have a budding fashion designer on my hands. If you have the opportunity to teach others your sewing craft - go for it. We now have the next generation of fashion designers in our mist that doesn't like what the older fashion designers are dishing out.

Comments

Popular Posts