SEWING FOR A LIVING

The Author of this post is Velma Baird

We looked into Wildblue deals and decided to get internet service at our house. I have really enjoyed having it and have actually figured out a way to make a little extra money. I have been sewing since I was a child. My grandmother taught me to sew when I would spend the summers at her house. I took a natural liking to it and have really developed great skills. Now, I have started to sell some of my creations on-line. I use a craft website called Etsy.com to find my client base. I have been surprise what a big need there has been for custom dresses. I have a bunch of vintage Vogue, Dior, and Victor Costa patterns that I have been collecting for years. I make all of my creations from vintage patterns and people seem to love it. They can pick the colors, patterns, and variations of the dresses that they order. Several costumers have ordered three different dresses at a time. If this picks up, I may have to quit my day job and pursue my real passion of sewing.

Comments

Popular Posts